Life is so messy and so often painful.
Yesterday, our community lost a bright light. Daelin, a precious 11-year-old girl, passed away last night after more than 2 years fighting a brain tumor. Her journey and life were brutal and inspiring, and our community is grieving hard. Daelin had always found love (and hearts!) around her, and her grin will not soon be forgotten. Though we didn't know her well, Caeden is close friends with her older sister Avry. We don't have words to help or even the right thoughts to process the loss.
I do have perspective...As I learned the news this morning while I prepared to teach lessons, and I went into the living room to pick up before students arrive, I saw my kids' things flung everywhere. Annah is home for more than a week for Thanksgiving, and all the kids' bags had been dropped in front of the fireplace. I decided to leave them there. Oh how grateful I am to have all 3 of my children home.
No comments:
Post a Comment