Tuesday, November 26, 2019

BNYS Concert

 As the wrestling meet was ending, I bolted out and drove over to IWU to watch Sylvia in her Bloomington Normal Youth Symphony concert!  Annah and Ryan had dropped her off for rehearsal, and Annah was prepared to record the concert for us if I didn't make it there.  But, I arrived just before it started.

Sylvia looks so beautiful with her cello.


The cello section warming up




One of the pieces, Adagio in Sol Minor, featured an organ soloist on the beautiful pipe organ of Presser Hall. The soloist rehearsed with the orchestra last week, then immediately was hospitalized and unable to play.  Mrs. Bryant called a friend who is the organist at her church, who happened to be an alumnus of IWU and had given her senior recital on the organ in Presser Hall, and she stepped in at the last minute to be the featured soloist!  She did a fabulous job, and it was such a beautiful piece!

VIDEO playlist:
1) March Militaire Francaise by Saint Saens (I didn't catch the beginning!)
2) Adagio in Sol Minor by Tomaso Albinoni
3) Slavonic Dance #8 by Antonin Dvorak
4) Morning, Noon, and Night in Vienna by Franz von Suppe
5) "Les Toreadors" from Carmen Suite #1 by Georges Bizet
6) American Suite by Glenn Gould

Mrs. Bryant congratulating our girl


Sylvia's friend Isabella and her mom and sister came to see the concert!  It meant SO much to Sylvia to have them there supporting her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment