Tuesday, November 26, 2019

First HS Wrestling Meet

Tonight was the first wrestling meet of the season!  And it was a home meet for us!  AND, it was Caeden's first high school meet!

Coaches and captains meeting for the coin toss...

Caeden wrestled at 152# tonight, and had the first match of the evening. 


I thought it was a lot of pressure for a freshman to go first for his first ever HS match, and Caeden was really, really nervous.  He rallied in the third period and wrestled well, but not enough comeback to win. He admitted afterward that it was definitely a lot longer match than he's ever wrestled, and that he could've and should've beat his opponent.  We are proud of him, and looking forward to watching him progress over the season!

I spent the rest of the meet in the concession stand, so I didn't get to see any of the other matches.  It was a bit of a rough start to the season, from what I hear, but 2 of the guys won matches.  It's good to have the first meet under their belts, and now we are excited for the rest of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment