Tuesday, June 11, 2019

OBX Boardwalk

We had a late morning breakfast/brunch today before getting out to the beach.



There were storms last night and early this morning, and the house, windows, and everything on the deck is covered in midges--male mosquitos.  Fortunately they don't bite, but there are masses of them hovering and covering everything!  Eeewww!!!



We accidentally let some in our bedroom, when we opened the door this morning, not realizing there were swarms everywhere! So, Jeremy got the vacuum and sucked them up!




We went into Duck with Kevin and Regina and the kids this afternoon to check out some of the shops and the boardwalk.

Our first stop was back at Super Wings again.  It's a little chilly outside, and some of us didn't bring anything warm to wear.

Apparently, I make really goofy faces when trying things on and asking my kids to take pictures so I can see myself since there is no mirror or dressing room. I'm just here to entertain, people.

I did get both the sweater and the sweatshirt because I like them so much!

My silly girls kept my phone after I asked them to take those pictures, and they hacked my Snapchat with this adorable pic!

Gorgeous day to enjoy the boardwalk!  Gorgeous!





Poor kids--being forced to stare into the sun for a picture!


Caeden, Eryn, Sylvia, Megan, Annah


We picked a little different spot so as not to blind our old eyes...






I love how the town of Duck fully embraces the silliness and puns of its name!













Back at the house this evening, Jeremy, Sylvia, and Caeden went down to the beach despite some strong, gusty wind!


They saw me looking at them!



Caeden built a big sand castle in the cliff of sand left by the storms. He ran up to the house to get my phone to take a picture of it, then came back inside for the night.  About 2 minutes later a little girl who watched him build it, came along and stomped it away while we watched from inside the house! 


Jim and Melanie made fresh pasta and salad for everyone tonight. It was tasty!



Gathering in for supper








These guys stayed up until the wee hours goofing around and having fun.  
I love that the 3 of them enjoy spending time together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment