Monday, January 14, 2019

Winter all at once

I started a sweet little piano student, Juana, recently.  She is adorable.  
On Friday at her lesson, we practiced our "I'm Great!" posture!

Throughout last week, the threats and predictions of a winter storm grew more and more serious...

It hit in the wee hours of Saturday morning.  Jeremy still got up and drove up to Kewannee to watch the high school wrestlers take second place in the tournament there, then drove back in it in the dark!

 Even though all my Saturday morning piano lessons canceled, 
Ryan still braved the trip over from Colfax in it!

He and Annah worked on college scholarship applications.  They also watched The Iron Giant, and later Rocky II.

Church was canceled Sunday, so we stayed in again and had another snow day.  (Except Jeremy, of course, who went into Bloomington to go to the gym and the store.)

 Sunday afternoon, Annah made cinnamon snow ice cream.  

Jacob came over Sunday afternoon and helped Sylvia finish her puzzle.  We all watched Guardians of the Galaxy, and 3 out of 6 of us may have taken cat naps while watching it.  Then we played a couple  games of SkipBo before Jacob's mom wanted him to head home before dark.

This was a very pretty view for a snowy Monday morning with a freezing fog advisory!

I'd say we got at least 10 inches of snow over the weekend!

I feel like we can't really complain, since we didn't have any snow at all in December.

 I decided to bake homemade bread today, since we were out of bread and I didn't want to go to the store just for that.  We had Italian beef with it for supper tonight.  Pretty yummy if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment