Saturday, October 6, 2018

Limestone Field Competition

The Marching Mustangs went to Limestone High School for a field competition today.  Just like last year when we came to Limestone, it rained really hard on the way there!  Just like last year, we stopped at Busy Corner on the way and Jeremy bought pie!  Just like last year, it stopped raining and the competition happened!  

Annah and Ryan, all ready for the show

freshman saxophones

Our mello girl!

Getting lined up in the parking lot to walk to warm-ups





 Again, the band had a long walk from warmups to the field.

When they got to the field, Annah set the band to march on.







Opening set




Because of the rain and humidity, I decided not to take the good camera out today.  I took a few pictures while taking video on my phone.

Today was the first time I'd watched this show from up high in the stands, and it was neat to see the sets form.











VIDEO: full performance


VIDEO:


After the performance, the band marched back to the parking lot and changed out of their uniforms.  Mr. Marchese had to leave immediately to catch a flight out of O'Hare, so Jeremy and I filled in as him for the rest of the day.  I got the clipboard and signed out everyone whose parents had come to watch and were taking them home.  I got on the bus that was going home early and marked down everyone who was on it and reminded them to unload the trailer when they got back to school.
We were able to watch a few of the class 2A bands perform (We were 1A today.), then Annah had to get back into her uniform for the awards ceremony.  Jeremy stayed in the stands with the rest of the kids who stayed to watch the awards.

I waited with her at the gate until al the other drum majors arrived and they headed out towards the track.  Jeremy texted that he could see us behind the chain link fence, so we hid behind the clipboard so he couldn't see us anymore.

Since Ridgeview was the first band to perform, Annah was the first drum major in the line-up for the awards ceremony.

It was pretty awesome watching them all come onto the track.





VIDEO: The crowd really gave them a warm welcome!



Ridgeview didn't win any awards or place in the top 3, but hopefully the kids will something from their performance, the judges' feedback, and from watching some other bands perform today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment