All those annoying clichés young parents are told are true...
"Before you know it..."
"Don't blink!"
"They grow up so fast!"
"She'll be walking before you know it!"
"She'll be talking before you know it!"
"She'll be off to kindergarten before you know it!"
"...before you know it!"
"...before you know it!"
"...before you know it!"
"...before you know it!"
"She'll be in middle school before you know it!"
"...before you know it!"
"She'll be a teenager before you know it!"
"She'll be in high school before you know it!"
"...before you know it!"
"She'll be driving before you know it!"
"She'll be a senior before you know it!"
"She'll be all grown up before you know it!"
Today is the day...
She's technically "all grown up" and legally an adult. While I have a hard time accepting how right it is that it happens SO incredibly quickly, I promise I didn't blink. I did pay attention, and I watched and experienced her growing up. I cherished the moments, both incredible and simple, and I treasure them all. I do still see the baby I met 18 years ago today when I look at her, and also the toddler, the kindergartener, the tween, and the amazing young woman she is today.
Annah Christine, being your mom is the one of the very biggest privileges I've ever been allowed in my life. When you were born, you taught me what love really means. You have made the bittersweet feeling of watching you grow up so quickly much more sweet than bitter because you have done it so well. I am constantly in awe of what God is doing in and through your life, and I am so proud and blessed that I get to be part of it. I love you more than I ever know how to express. As always, I promise, I will always love you, no matter what you think or feel or say or do.
Happy birthday, sweet girl.













No comments:
Post a Comment