Thursday, November 30, 2017

Nativity

I am over-the-moon excited to have a real nativity scene in our home for the first time this year. We've had a couple music box versions, an ultra-mini (like 1/2-inch wooden/yarn figures) version, and a Veggie Tales playset version in the past, but the one I got to put up on our mantle this year is the most special one to me.

Since my parents winter in Arizona, they don't put up Christmas decorations in their Indiana house anymore. Earlier this year, my mom gave me the ceramic nativity she made many years ago! I love it so much, and got very emotional as I unwrapped each piece and and arranged the set on our mantle today.

I used to spend so much time staring at this nativity each year when Mom would put it on the coffee table in the living room.  I think it is so beautiful, and knowing that she made it makes it even more special.

I broke baby Jesus' hand off at least a couple times when I was little, and Mom had to super glue it back on. 

Thank you Mom, for this beautiful gift.  I am so grateful, and my heart is so full of love and memories each time I look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment