Monday, November 6, 2017

An ending and a beginning

After school today, Jeremy donated food for a Thank You reception. I invited all the cast of the play, as well as everyone in the school and community who helped in any way over the past 2 months.  


We had a big feast, including food from Avanti's and an assortment of pies.  Less than half of the cast came.  We have food for the rest of the week plus many frozen lunches left afterwards.  

I meant for this to be a presentation, but while I was finishing getting the food set out, the juniors presented the seniors with gifts. 



After eating, we went up to the stage to strike the set.  It came down very quickly, and the stage is very bare now.  There is barely any trace of our production left.

Several of the students came back down to the study hall for seconds and just to hang out.

They said this is the part of play they will miss--spending time with friends.


After I packed up the reception, I went to pick up Caeden from his first night of wrestling club for the season!  Jeremy had his first high school practice after school tonight too.  Hard to believe it's that time of year again!  No rest for the Lopshire family!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment