Saturday, April 15, 2017

Trip to Tuscola

After I taught my lessons and Jeremy mowed the yard this morning, he took us to Tuscola.  We like to go there at least a couple times a year for some good shopping at the outlet mall.

On our way, Jeremy asked me to look on my phone and see if there was a local ice cream place that looked good.  Thanks to Yelp, we found an absolute gem!

Flesor's Candy Kitchen is a darling old-fashioned candy store/soda fountain/ice cream shop/restaurant, where everything is handmade and homemade!  And it feels like you're going back in time before you even enter!

When we walked in, we were asked, "Ice cream or lunch?" Since we had already eaten, we sat at the soda fountain for ice cream.

The girls both chose lemon chiffon, and Jeremy had raspberry.

I chose "Paul's Pecan Favorite--Turtle" and oh my was it rich!!!  
I couldn't even finish it, but it was SO good!

Caeden had a strawberry soda! He was in heaven.

Everything sounded so yummy; it was hard to choose.  And we definitely want to come back for a meal sometime!

I loved that they included the story of the family business on the menu. 

On the other side of the entrance was the candy counter.  We took a few minutes to admire the handmade candies, choose a few, and chat with the sweet lady who was working.

I chose cherry sours, Caeden chose creamsicle gummy bears, Jeremy and Sylvia chose caramels, and the lady behind the counter wisely chose peanut butter pudding chocolates for Annah and her braces.

I was excited to see Divinity!  I've never seen it anywhere other than my Grandma Mc's!



The candy counter lady recommended we walk up the street a ways to an art gallery/shop, so we did!
It was full of a huge variety of amazing artwork for sale!

The girls really liked the steps, and wanted pictures to see if they could convince the school to let the art classes do this.


We finally made it to the outlet stores, and started at VF. Caeden was already not having it.  Jeremy tried to help by taking him to Under Armor, Nike, Reebok, but as Caeden put it, he didn't want a $50 shirt.  He begged me all day long to go somewhere that sold X-boxes or video games, but I don't think there were any of those around, and I don't want an X-Box in my house.

We also went to Old Navy, Rue 21, Maurices, American Eagle, and others.  Sylvia can put together some elegant outfits and model them with such ladylike style...

We girls all found shoes at Famous Footwear.

We all found it pretty humorous that there was a Pringles vending machine outside the shoe store.  Nothing else in it but Pringles!

Heading out!

We stopped at the Denny's diner for supper.

The guys didn't want to take pictures.



It was a really fun day together!

No comments:

Post a Comment