Annah participated in her first high school Solo/Ensemble Contest today! Sylvia went along for the day, because she enjoys seeing all the performances. (Jeremy and Caeden were in Champaign for the day at IKWF sectionals.) I accompanied most of the RHS performers today, and enjoyed the whole day as always.
Early in the day, Annah performed her violin solo, Sarabande.
I thought she played very well, and she received a I rating.
She sang her first Italian song, Caro Mio Ben, and did a lovely job. The judge liked the version I had chosen for her and said he wrote down the name of the book (one I've had since high school) so he could buy it. (Everyone sings this song, but the ornamentations are different than most of the recently available printed versions. He was a young guy and hadn't heard it this way.) I had also changed some phrasing and dynamics from what was marked to make it more challenging for Annah and more impressive and beautiful to listen to. The judge thanked us for adding a little spice. We know Annah received a I rating, and we're anxious to read the comments and feedback from the judges when she gets her copies of their forms.
It was a wonderful day for all our RHS performers. My private voice students did well too. We always enjoy this day of making music and learning from the comments the judges give.
No comments:
Post a Comment