Friday, March 11, 2016

Feeling behind

I started out this week feeling like I got behind with the business of last week.  My laundry situation definitely proves that point. Ha!


 Someone is really enjoying playing floor hockey in P.E.  I can tell because he has P.E. the last period of the day and comes home all sweaty-headed and rosy-cheeked!

Thursday evening was extra busy.  I made Cincinnati chili for supper, and Sylvia and Caeden had the job of cleaning up the kitchen before we ran up to the school for parent/teacher conferences and parent and chaperon meetings about the band/choir trip to Florida that is coming up soon.

At the school, Sylvia and Caeden went to the Scholastic book fair while Annah and I met with her Biology and Math teachers.  Sylvia was very sweet to buy Caeden 2 books at the fair!  

Annah and I went to the meetings about the trip, and Jeremy showed up in the doorway part way through the meeting.  Since the meeting time was changed yesterday, after I had scheduled our conferences with Caeden's teachers, I wasn't able to go to those conferences and Jeremy rushed from work to be able to get there.  (Poor guy, he is so overworked. He was diagnosed with bronchitis yesterday, but has no time to rest. I hope he can recover while maintaining his current crazy schedule!) Caeden's teachers said he is very bright, but very unorganized. So he has a new goal for the next 9 weeks--learning to keep himself organized before he starts junior high in the fall!

I think the boy needs to learn to focus on what he is doing and pay attention to what is going on around him.  This would be further proof I found under the kitchen table upon returning home and finishing kitchen cleanup for the night.  He didn't even notice the ladle full of chili had fallen onto the chair then the floor while he was carrying the pot from the table to the sink?!?!  Oh my goodness. 

We've had some beautiful spring days this week!  This afternoon, I even spent some time outside clearing leaves and dead stems from my flowers--which are coming up! 


"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted..." - Ecclesiastes 3:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment