Monday, March 7, 2016

Back to my regular inconsistency

Happy Monday!  I know I'm in the minority, but I actually like Mondays...They feel like a good opportunity to start over, and I'm all about try-trying again!  I was reading a bit in a lovely little book called Seven Sacred Pauses: Living Mindfully Through the Hours of the Day, by Marcrina Wiederkeh, and I came across a beautiful quote this morning, that I had to share on my Facebook too.  

"To affect the quality of the day is the highest of arts." - Henry David Thoreau

I love it.  Today I want to do my best to create a beautiful, quality day.

In other news, I found that I was missing my "usual" style of blogging.  I was excited about the digital scrapbooking thing, and am still going to try to stick with that, I think.  But, I miss writing about the stories and feelings and happenings.  So, at least once in a while, I will pop in and do that here.  

Also, a few of the 3 people that actually visit this blog are annoyed at the scrapbook page thing.  So... I will be inconsistent...it fits my style...hahaha.  :) 

I will say, I am definitely going to continue to create some form of physical, printed albums.  Thanks to Becky Higgins/Project Life's recent "Project Photo Rescue," I moved our scrapbooks and photo albums to a more obvious and reachable spot, and the kids (especially Sylvia) have been looking through them a lot and reminiscing.  It has been really cool!  It makes it worth every time they've been annoyed at me for pointing a camera at them, and all the time spent scrapbooking and putting photos into albums with labels and stories.


Here are some fun randoms from recent days.

2/24 - A snow day sibling snuggle

Anakin Skywalker shooting me with a nerf gun

We played Mouse Trap one Sunday night!

Sylvia and I had a good chat about what this quote (from the front of a book she was reading) means...


No comments:

Post a Comment