This morning, the kids and I and several of my students played holiday music at a little shopping event in Colfax for 3 hours. It was fun, and a nice opportunity for them all to perform multiple pieces without much pressure. (We were more like background music than a concert.)
Caeden found some friends with toys, much to his relief.
Allison sang a few pieces, but I was playing for her and didn't get a chance to ask the kids to take a picture.
Mikaela played...
...and sang.
Annah played piano quite a bit, especially when I needed to talk with my students and help them get ready for their turns. She looks like he is annoyed with Brec here, but really she was annoyed with her brother taking multiple photos of her.
The kids' string instruments really fascinated the other kids who were there today. They had all kinds of questions and got right up close to watch them play.
I'm very proud of Hunter for performing today. He has only been taking piano lessons for just over 2 months--and just 2 weeks ago started learning how to read notes on the staff! He went over and above to learn a few Christmas songs to play today!
Ainsley is always so well prepared.
Kaitlyn played with such expression!
I enjoyed the morning making music with my kids and students! Now, I'm really in the holiday spirit!
No comments:
Post a Comment