Sunday, October 4, 2015

Love our church

I have to say, our K.I.D.S. area at church is looking awesome with it's new redesign!  I wanna go hang out there with the kids more often!

I'm also really thankful that Caeden is finding his own place in children's church now.  Since we launched PoC, he has held very tightly to Sammy, and they've spent pretty much every moment together at church.  When Sammy moved up to youth group and out of children's church over the summer, Caeden didn't take it well at first.  He didn't like the idea of being without Sammy, but he also didn't like the idea of being a "big kid" role model and leader.  Fortunately, Pastor Karin has been really patient and encouraging, and Caeden has stepped up.  Today, he got to be the projectionist, and Pastor Karin said he did a great job without training.  

He does always have something to say, so I'm not surprised to see his hand raised in this picture.  Lydia says he really helps get the kids pepped up during worship time too, because he's not afraid to dance and be joyful.  I'm SO glad.

While I was meeting with Pastor Karin in the office after service today, Bekah pointed out that they matched and asked for a picture.  Sweet!

This afternoon, the youth group surprised Pastor Scott with a tribute video for his 40th birthday.  


Sylvia made Pastor Scott a peanut butter chocolate cheesecake to take home, and Taihla made a cinnamon roll cake for the teens to share at church.

Annah's friends Alexis and Shelby spent the day with us at church today, which was an extra special treat.  They were tired when we finally got them home, but hopefully had enough fun to come back sometime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment