Today was a big, super fun, special day for Annah--her first Homecoming dance!
I will admit, I've had some fear thinking about this day, but God worked it out beautifully. See, Jeremy and I became boyfriend and girlfriend 24 years ago at my freshman homecoming dance...hence the hesitance with the thought of Annah going... Homecoming was different for us in a lot of ways though...The dance was totally informal and after the football game on Friday night. And, apparently, Annah asked her friend Alexis to go to the homecoming dance with her a year ago. No boys asked Annah, as far as we know.
She was actually required to go to the dance since she is on student council. She even helped decorate for it a little bit after school yesterday.
We had a lot of fun getting Annah ready today. I enjoyed pampering her a bit. After lunch, I gave her a manicure and a pedicure. Then we started working on her hair. I was nervous, but she was very trusting.
After I blew it dry, I used my old hot rollers. Those things are the best!
Time for makeup!
Such a silly girl sometimes, but I love her for it.
She thought her hair was scary and hilarious when I took the curlers out.
Then I did a little twist and pin, and it wasn't so crazy.
She really looked lovely. We tried to do the whole thing with as little cost as possible, but it was tough to keep it cheap. We ordered her dress off Amazon for $30 and were elated when it fit perfectly and she loved it. I think it's such a nice style and color.
The shoes were a little more than the dress, but hopefully she will wear them for more formal events in the future.
Uncle Travis and Jeremy were in a state of shock and denial as they saw Annah.
They told her, "No dancing with boys!" I think she took them seriously, even though they were just [mostly] kidding.
It was really chilly outside, and quite a breeze making it feel even more chilly!
I love this spunky girl!!!
Annah wore some of my "old" jewelry from various dress-up events. She specifically wanted to wear a bracelet.
(You can see she had goosebumps! Brrr!)
We met Alexis and Shelby and their families at the park in Colfax for pictures.
Such good friends! The first thing they did was hug each other. So sweet.
Beauties!
Shelby is shy, and Alexis and Annah have a little bit of sass...
The girls had so much fun playing with Caeden's light sabers when they were at our house a couple weeks ago, they made a special request for Annah to bring them for pictures today.
Sylvia said it was a little tough not to be jealous while Annah was getting ready and being pampered and prettied all day, but she is really excited for her--and for her own turn in a couple years.
Shelby's mom and older sister took the girls to supper at Moe's! They had a really fun time!
They played Pictionary on Alexis' phone while they ate.
I picked them up from the dance, and they were all happy and said it was really, really fun! Apparently, the best part was the last song--We're All In This Together, from High School Musical. Alexis reported that Annah "completely freaked out" when it came on. The girl does love her HSM!
And so, they got in their comfy pjs, and I got them all set up with Star Wars fruit snacks and homemade popcorn before I went to bed. They stayed up until about 2:30 watching High School Musical.
Good times with good friends. Totally blessed.




















No comments:
Post a Comment