I picked Annah up at school on Tuesday to take her to her orthodontist appointment. I knew she would miss lunch at school and probably wouldn't feel like eating much after her appointment, so I took her some enchilada casserole I'd made last night for supper.
It took Dr. B about 10 minutes or so to fashion some crazy twisty wiry thing for Annah's top teeth. Then she was shown how to hook her rubber bands on and take them off.
She's had a lot of pain in the mouth this week, with those rubber bands pulling. I took her to Culver's for frozen custard and picked up some Tylenol for her before taking her back to school.
When I dropped her off at school, I was thinking about how grateful I was just to have those couple hours with her. She spends so much time at school these days; it is special to get to have 1-on-1 time even for an orthodontist appointment. She walked a little ways up the sidewalk at school and turned around and waved at me. All of a sudden, I saw this little girl, waving at me when I dropped her off at preschool. And I cried all the way home.
I myself am sick, sick, sick this week. Actually, I've been sick for over a week, but thought I would get better on my own and didn't go to the doctor until Tuesday night when I couldn't take it anymore. The prompt care doc diagnosed me with Pneumonitis, which is apparently between bronchitis and pneumonia. I'm taking an antibiotic, a steroid, a cough suppressant, and have an albuterol inhaler, but I'm not starting to feel better yet. I went to bed early tonight, and Caeden brought a stack of Dr. Seuss books in to my bed and read to me. Precious boy!
Man, I love this kid!
Tonight, we all went to the school for a little bit to hear Annah sing the national anthem before the HS girls' volleyball game. Annah pointed out the signs that were put up today for the fall play. She's really enjoying practices and being part of the crew too.
While we were waiting between the JV and varsity games, Caeden took me down to the elementary to show me the office helper bulletin board. The new elementary secretary has instituted student helpers this year, and chose Caeden as her helper last week and created this bulletin board because she knew he would be on board and do a dramatic picture for it.
He has had lots of comments as he walks through the halls since this went up, and has even had kids grab his hands and try to drag him into the office to "turn him in." Pretty fun.
Annah did a beautiful job singing the anthem! I tried to record it, but messed something up and didn't get it captured. Hopefully she will sing it many more times.
No comments:
Post a Comment