Monday, June 16, 2014

Monday, Monday

Annah and Sylvia went to 6 Flags Chicago with the Pivot Youth group today.  I took them to church at 7:15 this morning, slathered in sunscreen.  I think Sylvia was a little nervous--both because this was her first youth group activity, and because she is not a fan of roller coasters.


Pastor Scott gave instructions and prayed over the 22 teens and several chaperones before they left.

Caeden and I met Mom and Dad at Denny's for breakfast.

Caed had the peanut butter cup pancake breakfast, which included 2 HUGE buttermilk pancakes with white and chocolate chips in them, covered with peanut butter sauce, hot fudge, and syrup!  AND, 3 scrambled eggs, 2 sausage links and a mess of hash browns!  He ate about half of it; it was a LOT of food!

After we filled our tummies, Gram and Krampa set out for Indiana.  
We really, really enjoyed having them visit. 


I was planning to surprise Caeden with a movie, but it didn't start until 11:30. So we went to Barnes and Noble to enjoy some reading time.  Caeden found some Calvin and Hobbes and Zits books to enjoy.


 He read for a long time!  I tried to do some work for church on my iPad, but ran into a friend and had a great chat with her for about 45 minutes or so.  

When we arrived at the movie theater, and I told Caeden we were going to see How to Train Your Dragon 2, he was a little disappointed.  He really didn't want to see it!  So, we decided to go to Family Video and rent some Wii games instead.  He picked out Mini Ninjas and I chose Disney's Guitly Party. They were both pretty cool. 

It was a hot afternoon, and Caeden wanted to have a squirt gun fight.  I had badly injured one of my toes yesterday, and would have been absolutely no fun in a squirt gun fight while having to stand still.  So, we texted Dawn to see what Reece was up to.  He came over for a water fight, and the boys played Clash of Clans on the iPad and had some supper before I took them to VBS in Saybrook.

Meanwhile, the girls were having a ball at 6 Flags.


The group returned around midnight, and I picked up two very tired girls.  At first, they were so tired they were almost teary, but after a few minutes of my questioning, they reflected on all the fun they had and great memories they created.


No comments:

Post a Comment