Annah and Sylvia both performed in their violin teacher's studio recital today. It was a good experience! They practiced and prepared, were nervous and excited, played well and kept going when they made mistakes, and learned through the whole thing. I call it a success.
Sylvia started off the recital, as she was the youngest student playing today. She was suddenly nervous to introduce herself and her piece, and tried for at least a full minute to get me to do it for her. Finally, she did, and then played pretty well. Her piece was Bourree by G.F. Handel.
Annah performed the last of the solos on the program. She had her piece really well prepared, and then this week when we added piano accompaniment it was quite a new challenge. I admit, it was a difficult accompaniment for me, and I didn't practice it as much as I should have. We thought about letting her play unaccompanied, but decided to stick it out to help her learn how to keep going even when there were rought spots. She played better than I did, for sure.
It really was such a pleasure to get to play for/with the girls. I'm seeing that they are at the point where I need to start practicing the accompaniment when they start learning the piece if I am going to keep up!
Annah's piece was Gavotte in D Major by her favorite composer, J. S. Bach.
After each of their solos, the girls played a duet. What a pleasure it is, and a real blessing to my heart to get to hear them making music together! I love when they practice together at home! Most of the time they enjoy the excitement of playing together.
Here are the duets: Jingle at the Window, and Old Molly Hare.
At the end of the recital, Mrs. Skinner and her students (minus two that weren't there) played a chorale together.
The girls and their violins bring so much to our home and family. We are blessed by their learning music, their wonderful teacher, and each experience involved with the process!



No comments:
Post a Comment