Saturday, November 12, 2011

Exploring Peoria

We decided to go out to lunch in Peoria for my birthday after the quiz today, and enjoy the city a bit.  I chose to go to Red Lobster, since we don't have seafood often.  Jeremy is not a fan, so I especially appreciate him sacrificing his tastes for the day and granting me a big treat!!

Caeden liked getting to see the lobsters in the tank, and the hostess even took one out so he could get up close and personal.  He asked her why the rubber bands were on it.  I don't think he believed her that it would actually try to pinch him if they weren't on there!


After lunch, Jeremy wanted to take us around Peoria a bit.  We drove through the city, across a few of the bridges over the Illinois River, and then to Peoria Heights to take Grand View Drive.

We stopped at a park to try to find a geocache, but had no luck with that.  It was a big, beautiful park though, and we did see some neat things.


Annah found this big leaf and knew right away that it was a Pin Oak!


The kids enjoyed playing in the beautiful park and on the playground.  I think this will be Caeden's 7-year portrait.  It is hard to get him to hold still and look at the camera with a nice smile, so I don't think I'll try to get him to pose for a better one.  This is him, how he is these days, and I love it.


It is always fun to watch this sweet girl play on a playground!

Grand View Drive was dubbed "The World's Most Beautiful Drive" by President Theodore Roosevelt in 1910!  We did enjoy it, and thought about a week or two ago it was probably absolutely gorgeous.  (Most of the colorful leaves blew off the trees this past week.)


We stopped at this nice lookout point to read the sign and enjoy the view.  Poor Caeden was so scared by the steep drop-off that he wouldn't get out of the car and whimpered until we got moving again!


Peoria Heights is a very beautiful area, for sure!





We should visit Peoria more often!  We really enjoyed the day there!

No comments:

Post a Comment