Basketball season finished up for Annah tonight. There was a lot of the drama that reminded me why I have such a hard time enjoying sports--a coach let go from coaching; a parent throwing a scary fit and insulting the referee, threatening the opposing team's coach, and storming out; other parents yelling a refs and kids...icky-ness! But! These 5th grade girls showed great sportsmanship through it all! Even though I was disappointed in some of their parents' actions and words, I was very proud of and impressed with the way the girls handled all the yucky stuff. They continued to play fairly, showed respect to each other and the girls they played against, and learned to trust each other as teammates and friends. The whole season was a big learning experience for us and Annah.
She even got to be a starter in the game tonight! That was pretty exciting!
Annah played almost 3 quarters of the game tonight. She was tired, but kept playing hard.
This is my favorite part of each game...when the girls line up and tell the other team's players, "Good game!" I like that they acknowledge that it is just a game, and they appreciate the other players--whether they win or lose.



No comments:
Post a Comment