The girls decided to be part of the summer children's musical in Gibson City again this year, which is fun for all of us. Right now they have rehearsal 2 days each week, for only an hour and a half.
I volunteered to help rehearse singers, so I usually do that with small groups of singers for half an hour ahead of the regular rehearsal. Then Caeden and I have an hour of free time together to see what trouble we can get ourselves into.
Gibson City has some nice parks, and we like them all. The closest one to the church where the rehearsals are held is the North Park, where the musical performances will be. We have gone a couple times already this summer, when we actually had nice sunny days.
I volunteered to help rehearse singers, so I usually do that with small groups of singers for half an hour ahead of the regular rehearsal. Then Caeden and I have an hour of free time together to see what trouble we can get ourselves into.
Gibson City has some nice parks, and we like them all. The closest one to the church where the rehearsals are held is the North Park, where the musical performances will be. We have gone a couple times already this summer, when we actually had nice sunny days.
June 8, 2011 - It was hot today, but Caeden had lots of fun playing in this cool old-style bug merry-go-round. Several other kids came and played with him too, which he liked. Once you get it going, it spins for a long time!
June 13, 2011 - Today we came back, but it was cool outside, so we only saw a few other people there for a short time. We played on the bug merry-go-round again though. Of course, I had to play along, since there were no other kids. I clumsily tried to jump on with my knees after I got it spinning. That was not such a good idea since I weigh a *little* more than I did as a kid...ugh, metal + my body weight on my knees and shins = bruises. It was totally worth it though. I love having this little bit of time to hang out with Caeden and just play.



No comments:
Post a Comment