Saturday, June 11, 2011

Enjoying our backard

What a gorgeous morning we have had!  Rain is coming later, but it has been sunny and only about 73 this morning.  I made 2 quiches--one with broccoli and Italian cheeses, and another with ham and colby--hash browns, and strawberries and bananas for brunch.  Then we spent some time outside.  While Jeremy mowed, I pruned the lilac bushes.

As I was pruning, I came across this nest in one of the lilacs.  I'm guessing this egg was a dud or was abandoned?  I was careful not to touch it, but may have pruned back too many of the branches enclosing it before I saw it.  I thought it was a beautiful nest though!


Caeden wanted me to take his picture while he was swinging.  He likes to use the swingset as an "obstacle course," as he calls it.  He starts at the bar across one end and climbs across each thing.  When I commented that it is kind of a dangerous thing to do, he said, "I am a dangerous boy." 


Sylvia and Daddy worked on catching and throwing this morning.


The dark clouds are moving in now, but it is a nice, quiet, relaxing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment