I've wanted to try making cinnamon rolls from scratch for a long time, but never plan ahead well enough to start preparing them the night before to have them for breakfast. I am afraid of experimenting with yeast too. But, we've had some nice cool days lately, so I had Jeremy get all the ingredients to make them yesterday. I didn't get them mixed up, but had a free morning and finished them this afternoon. Oh my goodness!! They were huge, and hhhhhheavenly!
I made this recipe: Best Ever Cinnamon Buns, with some alterations. Using a cake mix felt a little like cheating, but it really added to the softness. Instead of the milk-based drizzle frosting, I made cream cheese frosting. And, I only keep skim milk on hand, so I actually used some of my carmel macchiato coffee creamer instead of milk in the frosting. Ohhhh my, oh myyyyyy!
I made this recipe: Best Ever Cinnamon Buns, with some alterations. Using a cake mix felt a little like cheating, but it really added to the softness. Instead of the milk-based drizzle frosting, I made cream cheese frosting. And, I only keep skim milk on hand, so I actually used some of my carmel macchiato coffee creamer instead of milk in the frosting. Ohhhh my, oh myyyyyy!

No comments:
Post a Comment