Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Is there really a Santa?

This morning at breakfast, Sylvia looked at me and point blank asked, "Mommy, is there really a Santa, or do you just buy all the presents?" Well there it is! At first, I responded with, "What do you think?" and there was some discussion between the three kids before I casually changed the subject.

After the kids were done eating, I called Sylvia out to the living room and sat her on my lap. I told her that because she asked, I wanted to be honest with her and tell her the truth. She didn't seem surprised, or disappointed, or hurt, or relieved. And I did ask her not to tell Caeden or Annah, since they still believe and we don't want to break their hearts. She was cool with that.

So, I do plan to tell Annah at some point before Christmastime arrives again. I'm glad it was easy with Sylvia...

1 comment:

jinxi~ aka angi said...

Oh how I dread that day. I love the innocence and magic of Santa, Easter Bunny.. Tooth Fairy.. ahhhh

You handled it perfectly!

Post a Comment