We visited Great Grandma C. today for a bit. Caeden headed to the basement, where all the toys are, as soon as we got there. The girls took their violins and reluctantly played for her for the first time. I took my crocheting, and asked Mom to take a picture of Grandma and I crocheting together.
Grandma taught me to crochet when I was nine. I clearly remember her and Grandpa coming over to our house one night and her teaching me to make hair ties and pin cushions with purple, lavendar, and mauve yarns. She taught me chain, single crochet, and double crochet stitches, and how to read the abbreviations in pattern books.
These days Grandma said she crochets about 9 hours a day. She was working on some "scuffies" slippers today. (Our family loves to wear the scuffies in our old drafty house!) She is always making something for someone, and gives away pretty much everything she makes.
These days Grandma said she crochets about 9 hours a day. She was working on some "scuffies" slippers today. (Our family loves to wear the scuffies in our old drafty house!) She is always making something for someone, and gives away pretty much everything she makes.
--------------------------------
Here are some more of the name doilies I've made for the Crochet for Haiti project.
I only have a couple more projects to go!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment