Saturday, October 24, 2009

2009: A Space Festival -- To Infinity & Beyond!

The largest event our church holds each year is our fall festival.   (2008 Fall Westival)  -- (2007 Costumes) It's an awesome event, and we always love to be involved in some way.  This year, Jeremy headed up the greeting team.  I baked cakes for the cake walk.  The kids couldn't wait to get there!

They loved the costumes I picked out for them yesterday!  Whew, I was glad!

Caeden is a Clone Trooper from Star Wars: Clone Wars.  Don't you love how he doesn't care his face is totally being smashed by his mask?  He thinks it's awesome. 

Sylvia, always our princess, is Snow White!

Annah is Tinkerbell.  She loved getting to wear makeup, and acting ornery for the camera.  Yes, Annah can be ornery; it's true!

Can we go NOW?!!!!!?!!!!?

Noah was walking around inside and outside the church all evening doing up-close magic tricks for people.  The kids loved this trick where he put one ball in his hand, one in one of Annah's hands, and then his disappeared and both of them ended up in Annah's hand!  He did it later with Sylvia, and she was amazed!

"Grandma" Sandi spoils our kids every Sunday morning with donuts, sends the kids cards at every holiday, and even had special treats just for them inside her car besides the treats she was giving all the other kids.  She definitely spoils our children!!  (And she's definitely not a witch!) She also gave Caeden one of her jack-o-lanterns at the end of the night!
 

Star Wars buddies...Caeden the Clone Trooper and Kevin as Darth Vader

Our friends the Davis family are so creative!  They had my favorite costumes of the whole festival...H1N1 "Swine Flu" and Dr. Mom!  Hahaha!  They had piggie snouts too, of course, but I just loved their curly piggie tails!  Too funny!

The theme for this year's festival was "2009: A Space Festival -- To Eternity & Beyond!"  The decorations team worked for at least a month to make decorations and create a spacey atmosphere inside the church.  It looked awesome!  This was the view for those who came in the front door of the church. 
 

 I think the astronaut is made out of either garbage bags or white plastic table skirting.  It looked so cool though!!!!  And they made lots of these big beautiful stars! 
 

 One view of the gym area, where there was a free supper, guessing games, and a cake walk.
 

I didn't take a lot of photos, but Pastor Scott did 3 magic shows and the EPIC band played some rockin' tunes.  TWENTY FIVE people accepted Jesus as their Savior tonight, 12 of them for the first time!  I am so glad to have all these new brothers and sisters in Christ, and pray I will have the opportunity to help some of them grow in their spiritual walk!  What a great night!

1 comment:

hider101 said...

Taryn,
Wilson and Simon are clone troopers, too! How funny! I really wish that our kids knew each other. Really KNEW each other. the rare glimpses I have had of yours tell me that they are pretty awesome.
sigh . . .
your church party looked like LOTS of fun!

Post a Comment