Q: How long have you been attending Bloomington First?
A: 7 years
Q: What initially brought you here?
A: I grew up in the Nazarene Church, so we knew it would be one of the ones we'd visit when we moved to the area. My sister-in-law grew up on the district and she and her family highly recommended we visit here because they knew Pastor Scott and knew it was a great church for families.
Q: Why did you decide to stay in our fellowship?
A: Not only were we greeted warmly, but we have continuously felt the love of Jesus poured out on us by this congregation over the years! I truly feel that they are all my family, my brothers and sisters in Christ! It is more than just a friendly church, and I have learned and grown so much in my walk with the Lord because of these people!
I also love that there is continuous opportunity for learning and growing more deeply in the Lord and in ministry! (Sorry about all the exlamation points; I just get excited about my church!)
Q: Tell us about your family.
A: My husband, Jeremy, and I have been together pretty much since we were kids (14 and 16--Think about that parents of teens!), and have been married 8 1/2 years. Jeremy works as a Finance Supervisor in the Illinois Operations Center at State Farm, and also works at keeping laughter in our home.
God has blessed us with 3 children: Annah is almost 8, loves the outdoors, singing and playing violin and piano, and everything about school. Sylvia is 5 1/2, and is very proud to be in kindergarten at Ridgeview Elementary School. She likes snuggling, crafts, and going to gymnastics. Caeden just turned 4, is really into trains, watching movies, and running around like crazy. I never could have imagined a family as amazing as the one God has given me!
Q: On what ministry team(s) do you serve?
A: Homecoming Worship, EPIC Worship, Toddler/Preschool Ministry, and Small Group Ministry (I help lead my Covenant Life Group.)
A: Covenant Life Group "2", and EPIC Worship Team
Q: What is something fun that few, if any, people in the church would not know about you?
A: If they don't know me at all...I like to scrapbook, take pictures, crochet, blog and do web design.
Even those that know me pretty well might not know...
I can wiggle my ears--without using my hands.
I have met several famous people.
I like to go fishing, and put the worms on and take the fish off by myself.
I have met several famous people.
I like to go fishing, and put the worms on and take the fish off by myself.
Q: Where has God placed you in the community?
A: This is something I am praying about and trying to work on. As an introverted stay-at-home mom with little kids, living in a rural area, I find it can be challenging to get involved in the community. Sometimes I feel like the only places I go regularly are church and the grocery store! Right now, I teach private voice and piano lessons in our home. Each spring I am a judge for Vocal Solo & Ensemble contest. I'm excited to see where God leads me in the community in the future; He's already planted some ideas...
Q: What do you tell your friends about your church? A: This is something I am praying about and trying to work on. As an introverted stay-at-home mom with little kids, living in a rural area, I find it can be challenging to get involved in the community. Sometimes I feel like the only places I go regularly are church and the grocery store! Right now, I teach private voice and piano lessons in our home. Each spring I am a judge for Vocal Solo & Ensemble contest. I'm excited to see where God leads me in the community in the future; He's already planted some ideas...
A: I tell them how thankful I am to have this family, especially since we live hours from any blood-relatives. And, I tell them about the great Bible studies we learn from, and how grateful I am to be part of ministries here!
Q: What is your favorite Bible verse?
A: I don't think I can narrow it to just one, but some I like to meditate on are: Psalm 119: 105, Philippians 4, Galatians 5:22, Proverbs 4:23, Psalm 139, Proverbs 31
Q: Tell us how you came to know Christ as Saviour.
A: The first time I remember hearing the salvation message presented as a decision, I was a little girl sitting around a campfire at Camp Lakewood Methodist church camp. I asked Jesus to come into my heart then, and it's been an incredible learning, fighting, growing process since that time. I think as a kid, I thought it meant I had to "be good" and seem "perfect." Now I'm realizing what it means to have a relationship with Jesus, and how to work at deepening it!
Q: What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment?
A: I'm still working on it, but I hope I will one day be able to say that I helped my children to truly come to know and love Jesus.
As far as earthly accomplishments, I would probably say the process of working towards and receiving my Bachelor of Music in Vocal Performance from the Conservatory of Music at Capital University.
Q: What was the last book you read?
A: 90 Minutes In Heaven, by Don Piper
Q: What is your favorite cereal?
A: Granola
Q: What is your favorite quote?
A: "Music's only purpose should be for the glory of God and the recreation of the human spirit." - Johann Sebastian Bach
"Making a decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." - Elizabeth Stone
Q: Whom do you really admire in our church?
A: Seriously, everyone. Each person is so incredible, and has such an important story to tell, and I marvel at the various ways God works in our lives!
A: 90 Minutes In Heaven, by Don Piper
Q: What is your favorite cereal?
A: Granola
Q: What is your favorite quote?
A: "Music's only purpose should be for the glory of God and the recreation of the human spirit." - Johann Sebastian Bach
"Making a decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." - Elizabeth Stone
Q: Whom do you really admire in our church?
A: Seriously, everyone. Each person is so incredible, and has such an important story to tell, and I marvel at the various ways God works in our lives!
1 comment:
Love your new template!! I enjoyed reading all about you. :)
Post a Comment