Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Paper Bag Album - Caeden's Fishing Trip

For a long time, I've wanted to try making a paper bag scrapbook album, but just found the small size limiting. I wanted to use 4x6 photos and not have to crop them so small you couldn't see anything. So, I decided to use the bags full length when I made this album documenting Caeden's first fishing trip.

I used random scrap papers, ribbon, ink, and a transparency transfer technique (for the journaling) that I recently learned in the class I'm taking at Creative Scrappers. It came together quickly, and I'm happy with how it turned out. I do plan to change out the ribbons holding it together for some rings when I find some.

One of my favorite things about a paper bag album is the pull-out pages you can put inside the bags. What a great way to incorporate extra photos, journaling, quotes, etc. I didn't include photos of all the pull-out pages here, but most of them.

You can also see these photos larger in my Scrapbook.com gallery.
















4 comments:

Carol A. said...

Oh wow Taryn...you totally rocked this paper bag album. I love the use of the whole page. I haven't done one of these, but seeing it done wit the use of the whole bag, I think I just might. Wonderful job. Looks like it was a wonderful day for all!

Deb said...

OMG Taryn, I LOVE how this turned out!! You did a fabulous job!

Margee' said...

Wow! Taryn, it looks great!

Sorry I've not been on your blog in awhile, been busy with my Yahoo group and health issues. Stop by some time.

Angie said...

Taryn, this is really awesome. I love every page!

Post a Comment