The "Easter Bunny" visited our house last night, of course.

Sylvia was pretty impressed with the loot the bunny left, though last night when I was tucking her into bed she told me, "Mommy, I care lots more about Jesus dying on the cross for our sins than I do about all the candy we're going to get."

Even though they were barely awake enough to get dressed, the idea of see if there was an Easter basket got them downstairs!
We had to get a few pictures of the little cuties before we left for church. Gram made all these darling outfits! (THANKS GRAM!!!) Annah slept with sponge curlers in her hair, we used hotsticks curlers in Sylvie's, and Caeden actually let me comb his! They clean up pretty well, eh?!
It seemed pretty nice outside...until we started seeing snowflakes getting bigger and bigger on the way to church! They've been blowing around all day!



During first service Jeremy played trumpet (He's playing on the worship team every week now!), and was a "demon" in the Resurrection drama, and I played organ. In second service, Jeremy helped in KidZone. I played piano and sang, Amazing Grace, My Chains Are Gone for the offertory. I had wanted to sing Nichole Nordeman's song, Why? but the music I ordered for it still hasn't come in! (I figure it will probably get here tomorrow, but apparently God had plans for the other song to be used today!)
Pastor Scott's sermon today was about living a life of crucifixion and resurrection every day. He talked about how it our job to die out to ourselves daily and allow God to give us new life daily. I pray I will live this way and celebrate Easter every day!
Pastor Scott's sermon today was about living a life of crucifixion and resurrection every day. He talked about how it our job to die out to ourselves daily and allow God to give us new life daily. I pray I will live this way and celebrate Easter every day!






No comments:
Post a Comment