Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Vacation #2!

The kids and I had another week's visit in Indiana. This time we did a lot of hanging out and relaxing, and I don't have a lot of photos to share. Part of the time I had no batteries in the camera, and I also didn't grab the photos we took with Mom & Dad's camera, like I usually do. So...just a few here...

The last time we went, when we left, Annah complained that we didn't just stay at Gram & Krampa's house enough...we were always going somewhere. So, this time, we tried to just stay around a lot.

The big excitement of the week was VBS! Uncle Travis & Aunt Erin were teachers at their church's Bible school every evening last week, and they invited Annah & Sylvia to come! The girls had a fantastic time!!!! They loved the songs, crafts, games, snacks, new friends, sports theme, and everything about the whole VBS! They got to be part of the program put on by all the kids on Sunday evening.
Gram & Krampa McEowen and Grandma Lopshire & Great Grandma DeHaven all came to watch the program too!
Caeden has 3 favorite books at Gram & Krampa's house: Pano the Train, Scuffy the Tugboat, and Doctor Dan the Bandage Man. Each adult must have read these three books to Caeden at least 12 times...
On Monday, we picked up Grandma Lopshire and took a Burger King lunch to Baker Park and the Dreamland playground in Columbia City. It was full of cool things for the kids to explore!! Grandma even knew about a tunnel that went under the road from one side of the park to the other. She taught us a cool echo song to sing in the tunnel too! After the park, we went to Kroger, and Grandma let the kids pick out all the snacks they wanted! She got them a whole cartful of goodies, and enjoyed spoiling them!
Other things we got to do on our vacation...

-Caeden and I went to Eric & Marti's new house for Joey's 4th birthday party! There were 17 kids there! We got to meet baby Andrew, and I got to hold him. SO sweet!

-We only went swimming a couple of times because the weather was so mild and NICE! But, Aunt Jean and Cousin Michael arrived on Monday evening and went swimming with Grandpa and the kids. Caeden decided to be brave enough to float and swim around with no one holding on to him (while wearing a life jacket)!!

-Aunt Erin gave the girls new manicures and pedicures again! They loooooove that!!

-Great Grandma Crabill visited for a while Monday afternoon and joined us for dinner too. It was a real treat to spend time with her!

-Gram gave Caeden a haircut! It took about 3 or 4 different stages to get it done, but it looks good. He even let Gram use the clippers after watching Aunt Erin use them on Travis.

-We lit sparklers and tossed "Pop-Its" one night after dark.

-Erin took me shopping at Glenbrook all day Saturday!! I love getting to hang out with her, and she is a good shopping influence for me! (I actually bought some clothes for myself!)
Mom watched the kids all day, and brought them to the mall to ride the awesome double carousel and have lunch at the food court.
I also discovered that there is an Archiver's store at Glenbrook now! Good thing we came by it at the END of our shopping day! ;)

-We went to Aunt Wanda's & Uncle Earl's for cake and ice cream for Wanda's birthday! Gary, Mindy, and Clayton were there too, and the kids are always so excited to play with Clayton!!

I'm sure there are more things I could list. We just had a super special time with our family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment