Sunday, July 22, 2007

Pheasant Run Resort Getaway

Jeremy and I are so blessed to have good friends here, especially since we live far from our families. Over the weekend, we were able to get away (just the two of us!) and have each kid stay with a family of friends for two nights! Such wonderful people who would do that for us!!! We are SO grateful. Each of the kids had a really fun time too!!

Jeremy had won an auction bid for a stay at Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles, IL, which is a west Chicago suburb. It was nice to get away and just relax. I ended up being [stomach] sick all weekend, and there were some major financial "complications" between the resort and us, so things were kind of frustrating. However, we were thankful for the time together. We went to some outlet malls (Mom, you'd be so proud of me...I bought underwear for myself! Ha ha!), had a very fancy dinner one night (I had Crusted Grouper with Portabello Mushrooms, Artichokes, Asparagus, and Carmelized Onions on some kind of fancy red wine sauce (I forget now), and Jeremy had a big ol' steak. ;) We also had Chicago-style pizza one night, AND enjoyed the Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shop that was right in the resort! We hung out in the room a fair amount and watched some HGTV.
On Saturday morning, we went to Panera and met a sweet friend who is my Circle Journal group!! She works 1/2 mile from the resort and lives not too far from there too, so she and her sweet little daughter met us for coffee and a little breakfast! I've never met an online friend "in real life" before this, and Tracy was a very sweet one to meet! Her little girl is precious, and it was super that she came along! We chatted for about an hour, and enjoyed spending time with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment