Monday, July 9, 2007

Skin, Hives, Allergies, Infections, Strep Throat, Medicines, MONTHS!

Holy moly! I'm sure I've mentioned at least a couple times the horrible hives I've been dealing with since the end of March. Well, they've been getting worse again over the past couple weeks, and were pretty unbearable this weekend. Jeremy and I thought maybe they got worse because I'd taken antibiotics for strep throat a couple weeks ago, and I always seem to be allergic to antibiotics.

Sooooo, I saw my new allergist doctor friend again this morning. He told me that strep throat can actually cause hives too! So, they did a swab, and sure enough, I'm still positive for strep! Now, I'm wondering...Have I had strep throat for the past several months and that's where all the hives and feeling cruddy-ness have come from? Or was it the antibiotics? Or is it something completely different causing all this misery?

Sheesh! I don't know what to think. It's been quite annoying, very frustrating, and, I'll even admit--discouraging at times. I am really ready to feel and look and function like normal already! I'm ready to get off all the different medicines, and stop gaining weight from it all.

But, for now I am up to five different kinds of meds. Allegra, Zyrtec, Zantac, Prednisone, and Avelox--some "different" kind of antibiotic. Hopefully ONE of those will help kill off whatever has been invading my body!!!

1 comment:

Nurse Niki said...

Wow, I really hope things get better soon! I know first hand how terrible allergies can be!!! Hey, do you have an epi pen? With such sensitive reactions, you really should carry one!

Post a Comment