Monday, August 9, 2004

Kidney stone

I was released from the hospital today. Jeremy took me in Saturday night in the most extreme pain I have ever felt in my life--considerably worse than even the pain of natural labor. I'll spare the details of the whole ordeal, but I have a kidney stone somewhere between the size of a nickel and a quarter in my left kidney. Because I am pregnant there is nothing that can be done until after the baby is born, except oral pain meds when I am in dire need--which, trust me, I am. I am very uncomfortable, and quite restricted as far as moving around much. I guess this will prove to be a very challenging last trimester. We would all greatly appreciate your prayers for us--my phsyical comfort, the baby's safety, the girls care while I am incapacitated, and Jeremy's ability to cope with it all and take care of us while working too. We are very thankful that the baby did not come 10 weeks early, and that it is doing well at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment