Thursday, August 26, 2004

Huge hog of a stone

I had another ultrasound on my kidneys today and saw the urologist again. Not only did the visit confirm that I still have a "huge hog of a stone" (as the urologist called it) in my left kidney, but I also learned that I have one (about 3 mm in size) in my right kidney as well. That was not what we wanted to hear! The ultrasound technician did say that at least the one in my left kidney is in a spot where it should stay put and not block anything, but the one on the right could decide to come out at any time. So, we're just going to continue to pray that they will both stay right where they are until the baby is born and the urologist can "blast them out of there" with the lithotripsy. I am feeling mostly okay, but now the exhausted feeling of the third trimester has really set in on top of everything else.

Jeremy has been going non-stop--poor guy! He is in a busy time at work, and has been doing double-duty at home too to help me out. He's also been hard at work on clearing the pool mess out of the backyard and is making great headway out there!

Annah and Sylvia have really been getting into music a lot lately--which, of course, excites me! Annah knows how to put CD's in the DVD player and operate the surround sound system, so she'll stick in a CD and the girls will dance around the living room. This usually happens several times each day. Sylvia sometimes even requests this by saying, "eesick" (music) and/or "deets" (dance). Annah has also started learning her favorite songs from her tapes and CD's lately, and singing along. It's a really neat blessing for me to hear her singing like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment