Thursday, March 27, 2003

Trying for a new normal

We've been told in the past that people don't usually get gifts for a second baby, except maybe if the baby is the opposite sex of the first child.   Well, we would definitely have to say that is not true in our case.  We are amazed by the generosity and thoughtfulness of our family and friends once more!   Sylvia (and Annah!) have received so many nice presents in the past month, we can't believe it!  Just yesterday, three more packages came!  People have called, written, e-mailed, and stopped by every day since Sylvia was born.  People from our church brought us incredible  dinners for the first 7 days after we came home from the hospital.  We are overwhelmed by how loved we feel, and we are so grateful to you all!  Thank you for thinking of us and showing us how much you care!   Words can't even express how much we appreciate it.
     

My Mom was finally able to leave this morning.   She was here almost 23 days!  That is a long time to be away from home!   She did so much to help us while she was here, and we miss her already.  Annah is going to go through some serious "Gram withdrawal" in the next few days.  Thank you, Mom, for being here for us.   We love you!

Though I'm no longer pregnant, I feel there are still things I want to record that are related to my pregnancy.  (Like, did I ever mention that Jeremy says I snore when I'm pregnant?!)  Maybe I will turn this into a "mommy journal" from here on out.  Hmm...
     
Anyway, I am continuing to feel better each day.  It feels like my episiotomy is mostly healed, and the hemorrhoids are mostly gone--thank the Lord!!   So, my pain is minimal now, except for my tailbone hurting.  I think that started because I was trying not to sit on the other things, and I sat right on the end of my tailbone for too many days!  *sigh*  I still have a little bleeding, but it seems like it will stop completely in the next couple days.  I hope!
     
I am so thankful to my mom for coming to stay with us for so long.  She did everything around the house and with Annah, and I did pretty much nothing for the past 3 weeks, especially at the beginning.  I felt like a bum for not taking care of my own family, but the fact that she did allowed me to recover pretty completely already.  I owe her something big, but I don't even know how to thank her for everything. I hope someday I can be half the mother and wife that she is. 
     
Well, now that Mom has been gone about 2 hours, I am happy to say that I'm not going crazy yet.  I've even managed to get a shower, and do my hair and makeup.  I am feeling pretty good these days, so I am actually anxious to start learning how to be a mother of two.  I'm sure Jeremy is ready for me to start being a real wife again too.  Here goes...



No comments:

Post a Comment