Sunday, March 2, 2003

Getting so close

I honestly thought I was going to go into labor last night.   But, I didn't.  Can someone who remembers what it was like to lose a mucus plug e-mail me and describe it?  I though maybe I did last night, but now I'm not sure.  If it happened with Annah, I didn't realize it.  So, I'm not exactly sure what it would be like.
     
I had to get up THREE times in the night last night to go to the bathroom!  Neither Jeremy nor I slept very well;  I think because we thought I was about to labor.  
     
I am really hoping and praying that I will have this baby tomorrow.  I would so love it to be on the due date--and before I have to see the doctor again!  I do finally feel ready, actually.  I'm not completely miserable, but I do feel like it could be time at any moment.  Come on water, break!!
     
Jeremy took some pics of me and my huge, low, low belly this morning before church.  

Here's me and Annah


and here's just me looking like I have a basketball under my dress.  


In one hour and twenty minutes it will be our due date--March 3, 2003.  I feel so unprepared, yet so ready.  I want to go into labor, yet I don't want to go through labor.  I want to meet my baby, yet I can't believe I'm about to have another child. I am excited about caring for the baby, yet I'm worried about how I'll be able to keep up with two children and other responsibilities too.  


I have had these same thoughts and worries for over 8 months now... Why haven't I resolved them?  I suppose it's because they are about unpredictable things.  I can't know what this labor is going to be like.  I can't know what it will be like to care for two children.  But I do know that God will help me through the labor, and God will help me raise my children.  I need to remember to have more faith before I start to worry.
     

The baby is moving a lot tonight.  It feels very low.   Sometimes, it seems like it is digging a fingernail in and poking/scraping me!   I do finally physically feel like I could go into labor at any moment.  I didn't feel that way until a couple days ago really, so it will probably be a few more before I actually do labor.  
     

The bags are finally all packed and ready, except for some makeup items I would have to grab at the last minute.  Jeremy's bag is packed.  Annah's bag is packed.  My bag is packed.  The camera bag is packed.  The baby's carseat and going home things are ready.  Maybe if I undo everything I'll go into labor. ;)
     

I really should go to bed and try to get some sleep.  Since Baby is awake, I could at least lay down and enjoy feeling him/her move around.  Come soon Baby L!  



No comments:

Post a Comment