Annah is a happy girl, playing in the den today.
I feel pretty icky and blechy today. I forgot I was going to have to get up early today, and I stayed up until 11:00 last night. So, even though I slept okay, I woke up tired. I had several BH contractions just on my way to the doctor's office this morning.
My appointment with the doctor turned out kind of how I expected, but was hoping it wouldn't. I was so glad Jeremy was there with me. He didn't really need to be, but it made me feel better having him there, and it allowed us to discuss things together.
After my exam, Dr. W asked if I still did not want to be induced. I told her, "If you think it's okay." She said she couldn't tell me she thinks it's okay. She said after 38 weeks, nothing good happens, and she feels it is better to induce at that point as long as the cervix is inducible. She talked for a while about several reasons she felt very strongly that we should go ahead with an induction as soon as possible.
She asked if I had to have forceps or anything for Annah, and I told her no. She said my tailbone is tipped way down, and that would greatly increase my chances of having a C-section if the baby is too big. And, I know my cervix is tipped really far back, which adds to that same problem. These two things really concern me, because I really do not want to have a C-section!
Dr. W said that Jeremy and I should talk while we waited for me to be put on the monitor and decide what we wanted to do about being induced or not. We discussed it and decided that we would schedule an induction for Thursday or Friday.
I was hooked up to the monitor (for non-stress testing) for about 20 minutes. The baby's heartrate was between 120's and low 140's except for when it moved--then it was in the 160's. They said things looked fine, and that I could go home. We told the nurse that we decided to go ahead and schedule the induction, so she did it for us. Dr. W said she thinks we're smart for doing so.
So, if we don't go in on our own beforehand, we're scheduled to go to the hospital just after midnight on Wednesday (actually Thursday) to be induced. I guess that means Baby L will be born on March 6. It's very strange knowing that...although I feel icky enough, I think I could labor on my own before then.

No comments:
Post a Comment