Friday, March 18, 2022

Home Sweet Home


 Recently, I’ve been trying *a little bit* to work on decluttering our house. Ok, for almost a year I’ve been trying. And over the past few months I’ve been watching more and more videos about it and about minimalism and have actually found myself inspired to just get rid of a lot of stuff. We have too much that we don’t need, and it’s actually stressful to think about it all! 

Anyway, today I was working on the kitchen. I decided to clean out the bottom drawer of our built-in cabinet and move our canned goods there. I should’ve taken ‘before’ photos, but didn’t think to, and that’s just too embarrassing.  The canned goods and sooo many other things were in a low cupboard with no shelves and it was way too hard to find anything or know what we even had. And the bottom drawer of the built-in only had some random stuff from when the kids were little that was easy to go through and decide what to toss and what to donate.

The canned goods seem happy in their new home.


After the drawer, I reorganized the cupboard the cans were in, the rest of the built-in, and a cupboard of plastic storage containers. It kind of leaves me feeling yucky and guilty and embarrassed all the junk and mess and excess I have to go through in this process. I filled more than 3 boxes for donation and recycled a lot of stuff. 

I often feel overwhelmed by our house and keeping up with it, so after spending all afternoon in the kitchen I decided to find a spot in our house that made me happy. I actually found a few. 😊









No comments:

Post a Comment