Yesterday afternoon I picked Caeden up at school, then we picked Carter up at home and headed down to SIUe for Sylvia's orchestra concert.
We got to campus at supper time, so we picked up Sylvia and her friends at Bluff Hall and drove them to the MUC to eat.
We had to be masked, socially distanced in groups no bigger than 3, and Sylvia had to provide our contact information when she ordered our tickets.
Annah had class until almost time for the concert, but I got to sit with her!
VIDEO: Finlandia by Sibelius was the only piece I recorded all of, but it was fabulous!
Sylvia's "fan club" quickly surrounded her when she came into the seats after the concert.
What a great group!
The kids walked back to the dorm and I drove around and waited there while they went to Sylvia and Claire's room for Carter to see it. At 10pm, the students had a time of screaming in the dorms, for some reason, so Caeden wanted to stay long enough to experience that. It was pretty funny to hear it while waiting outside the dorm, but if I hadn't known it was a planned thing, I'm not sure what I would've thought!
It was tough to leave, but it was a great visit even though it was short. Sylvia is so blessed to have a wonderful group of friends at school.
We dropped Carter off at home at 1am and got to our house about 1:30 because there was very thick fog. Thankfully we made it home safely.
No comments:
Post a Comment