Wednesday, December 8, 2021

SIUe Choral Concert

Last night I drove down to SIUe for Annah's choir concert! She was in rehearsal when I arrived, so I picked Sylvia up at her dorm and went to the campus center with her while she had supper. It was so nice to get to spend a little time with her--especially since she couldn't go to the concert.

I had to sign in with my contact tracing info before finding a socially distanced seat for the concert. It is such a weird world we are living in these days.
 

Concert Choir




Annah joined a new Treble Choir this semester, even though she is only required to sing in Concert Choir. She really likes the director, Dr. Canterberry, and the ladies sounded so lovely this evening. 

I didn't record any full songs, but here is a lovely clip in which Annah is featured. (She sings the first parts of the echo duet.)
VIDEO: Love Is a Rain of Diamonds






Annah had her friend Julia

Back to her room

Annah, Ryan, Abby, and Blake have their apartment so festively decorated!

I did take my things to stay the night with Annah, but decided it would be best for everyone if I just went back home and slept there. I got home around 1am, and was very grateful to Caeden for talking on the phone with me until I got through Springfield.

Although Annah is finding her choral experience at SIUe frustrating and it is maybe not the caliber of some of the other choirs she's had the privilege of singing in, I really did enjoy the concert and getting to see her singing on stage again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment