Wednesday, March 4, 2020

New Glasses and a New Friend?

Caeden has needed new glasses for a while, and last night at wrestling practice they got smashed.  I super glued them back together and got him an emergency appointment this morning to get his eyes checked and order new glasses.  Our eye doctor combined her office with several other doctors and they built a huge and gorgeous new office.  This was the first time we'd been there.  It is very nice.

A funny thing happened while we were in the lobby filling out our paperwork before seeing the doctor.  Caeden was sitting next to me, and I was trying to get him to pay attention as I asked him the pre-existing symptoms questions quickly.  I saw a guy walking towards us, looking at Caeden, but I didn't recognize him.  (This happens everywhere we go...people he knows from wrestling or other things that I don't know.)  The guy was holding his clipboard of paperwork and he kinda whacked Caeden on the arm with it in a teasing way and said, "Hey, what's wrong with you. Pay attention to your mom.  Help her out."  Then Caeden looked up at the guy and didn't recognize him and the guy realized he didn't actually know Caeden either.  He then said, "Oh man, I'm so sorry! You're not who I thought you were!  I swear you look just like this kid I know...same hair, same clothes, same shoes...I'm so sorry!"  We all laughed.

I think Caeden actually enjoyed picking out his new frames.  Hopefully they come in soon, because I don't know how long the super glue is going to hold his lens in his old pair!

No comments:

Post a Comment