Yesterday and today, Caeden wrestled in his first high school regional tournament. It has been such a challenging season for our family, with Jeremy coaching and leading the wrestling program and many difficult dynamics of that, plus the whole dad coaching his own kid thing between him and Caeden, plus the fact that Caeden is the only Ridgeview freshman on the team.
They have done okay during most matches with Jeremy trying to step aside and let Coach Morris coach Caeden. That has been better for both of them. I was really happy to see this moment going down today while Caeden was getting warmed up for his match.
Reporting at 138#
In his first match, we knew Caeden would be wrestling Drew. Drew is the cousin of one of Caeden's teammates, and they have wrestled before. They respect each other.
It was a good match. Caeden wrestled well, but Drew won. (He actually went on to get 3rd in the tournament.)
-------
Coach Morris instructing Caeden before his match today (Saturday)
Although it was a good match, Caeden lost and was eliminated from the tournament. He won't go on to Sectionals.
Apparently, this was a difficult discussion, according to Caeden immediately afterward. However, I am really grateful for Coach Morris, because he is not Caeden's dad and can say things and coach Caeden in a way that Jeremy cannot just because he is also dad. Coach Morris has been such a blessing to Jeremy this season, and he is so glad to have him on board!
I am proud of Caeden and his freshman season of wrestling. I believe it is the most difficult sport, and I'm proud of him for always keeping on and always going out there and working hard.
He is growing.
No comments:
Post a Comment