Saturday, November 3, 2018

Final Performance: Sixteen in 10 Minutes or Less

Tonight was our last performance. It's been a great learning experience putting these plays together this year.  It's been more fun for me this year. Though still a lot of work, I did sleep better during the season.  I'm still not sure I'm the best person for the job, but I am honored to have been entrusted with the privilege. And I'm proud of all these kids!


We have some expert makeup artists in this cast.


We had a little "snafu" at the end of the show last night, and the whole last scene was kind of rough.  So, we ran it before opening the doors to the gym tonight.


We practiced setting and changing the  blocks again, so it read "SIXTEEN" (not "sexteen"--which only happened during rehearsal, thankfully!) and "SEVENTEEN" (not "sevesteen"--which did happen at the end of the show last night.) 

Then we tried to get an all-cast photo in their t-shirts, but were a bit too short on time to get a really great one.



We gathered in the choir room, and everyone participated in the Energy Circle tonight.


After the crew took their places, Sylvia led the actors in a some really great acting warmups that she learned at Blue Lake last summer!




Then the actors decided to do another Energy Circle before taking their places on stage.

Energy Circle
VIDEO:



The program:

page 1

page 2

page 3

page 4

page 5


page 6


Back cover

Tonight, I took some video, but I wasn't able to pay as close attention to it as I should've. Jalen also took video, so some of these scenes are his and some are mine. I'm glad to have record of the performance.

Play #1: "Friend Request"
VIDEO:

Play #2: "Double Click"
VIDEO:


Play #3: "Brace Yourself"
VIDEO:


Play #4: Lazy Eye
VIDEO:


Play #5: "Fireworks"
VIDEO:


Play #6: "Pay Phone"
VIDEO:

Play #7: "Bench Warrant"
VIDEO:

Play #8: "Wheels"
VIDEO:


Play #9: "Tumblefur"
VIDEO:

Play #10: "Status Update: A Symphony"
VIDEO:


Some of our great crew members celebrating the finish.

As Ryan's mom was about to take a picture of Ryan and Annah, Caeden came in for a hug...obvlivious to the picture being taken.

Second try...

Sara, Sam, and Jill came to see the play!!!  Thanks, Friends!

 Biggest fans right here!

At the cast party, Tyler talked to the cast about how he thought about keeping a piece of the set or a prop as a memento of the show, but he decided that the people and the memories made were the best thing he would take away.  It was a really sweet thought, and everyone as glad he shared it.

Sylvia put together nice gifts for all of the seniors, and Jacob (being the only junior in the cast) presented them with some awesome memories and appreciation.



What a wonderful group of kids and great experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment