Today, most of RHS took a field trip for the band and choir to participate in IHSA Organization Contest at Heartland Community College.
I went along to play for the choir, and rode the bus with the kids who are in choir only. Sylvia texted me this picture of her and Shelby on the other bus.
Heading to the band performance...
The band played in a beautiful space!
Clarinets
The band sounded the best I've heard an RHS band sound. They played difficult music, had a great performance, and earned a 2 rating from every judge.
I can never see Sylvia during band concerts, because she sits directly in front of the director and likes to keep her music stand up high. I can see her horn though! And I can hear her!
VIDEO: This is their march piece, they opened with--Bandology.
The choir performed at the end of a long conference room. They also had a very good performance and earned a 2 rating.
I'm grateful our Music Boosters president took photos of both groups today!
Between the band and choir, about 96 kids performed today--out of a school of 145 students. I hear it was very quiet back at the school today! I'm so glad Ridgeview has 2 wonderful music teachers who are teaching well and sharing the love and importance of music!









No comments:
Post a Comment