Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Biome project

Caeden got off the bus with a big roll of blue paper on Friday and a science project about a biome [the ocean] due on Monday.  Since he already had a sleepover with Sammy planned for Saturday, that left him Sunday afternoon to finish his project.  He had done all his research at school, so he just had the poster to put together. When I got home after 6:00, this is what he had.  He said he had worked all afternoon on it.

I love that he had incorporated kirigami (it's a form of origami that includes cutting, not just folding), which he has been really into over the past year or so--thanks to the Origami Yoda books. I thought that was really creative of him, and was glad he found a way to enjoy a project he wasn't too thrilled about doing.

After looking at his project closely, I felt like most of his flip-up cards were too hard to read, so I helped him print out some new ones on the computer to replace them.

When I asked him how his presentation to the class went, he said he decided to run it like an interactive game show, since he had his facts on flip-up cards.  I thought that was pretty fun and creative too.  

Good job, Buddy!







No comments:

Post a Comment