Thursday, January 8, 2015

Ugghh...

It's winter alright.  Yesterday, even though the kids were home from school for the cold, Jeremy took the day off work to take me to town and be with me for my ESWL--that's extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy, in other words: they blasted the kidney stones in my left kidney.  
I didn't even see my doctor, but Jeremy said he told him the stones were near each other and that made it easier for him to break them up.  So, they're sand and powder size now, but I feel like crud.  The anesthesia really did me in yesterday.  My stomach was upset all day (partially still from having to drink magnesium citrate in preparation for the surgery), and I was groggy all day.  I slept most of the afternoon and then didn't sleep well last night, even after taking pain meds. Today, I have quite a bit of pain in my kidney and lower back, can't stand up straight, have a headache, and am just exhausted.  And I look like it too...

I definitely don't remember it being this rough when I had this done 10 years ago.  But, Jeremy helped me realize that was 10 years ago and I am older now.  Ick.  
I am supposed to limit movement for the next week.  Wasn't really planning on that.  
But, I am thankful it is just kidney stones and they are on their way out!

I did take the kids into town today for their lessons this afternoon.  Caeden had fun in the car playing with static electricity.

I must admit, I was super grouchy by the time we got home and I still had to make supper.  The girls tried to help, but they were going really slowly and I didn't want to eat at 9pm.  It was a relief to finally sit down and eat just before 7pm.  

Jeremy decided to go out and do some more shoveling tonight, even though it's really windy.  He said it's a little less he'll have to do in the morning.  We had a good laugh at how funny his coveralls look.

No comments:

Post a Comment