While the boys were at wrestling practice tonight, the girls and I were at home watching The Muppets. About 7:30, Jeremy called and asked me if we had any ice packs at home. I told him I didn't think so and asked what was wrong. He said Caeden had hurt his arm during practice and he was taking him to the ER! Then he thought to ask Caeden if he wanted me to go along. Caed said yes, so they stopped by to pick me up so I could sit in the back of the car with him. Poor little guy was crying and obviously in pain.
I texted the PoC staff, and they all responded with encouragement and prayers.
We prayed that the ER would get him in quickly and be able to diagnose and treat him quickly, and that he would have kind nurses and doctors to help him feel better. God answered all those requests.
Caeden had x-rays.
I was thankful to be allowed into the X-ray room with him. The part where he had to straighten his arm was the worst part of the time in the ER. It really hurt, and he teared up again.
After a while, the doctor came in and said, "Hey buddy! What happened?" He very kindly told Caeden that he thought he broke his elbow. The sweet nurse gave Caeden some pain medicine and put a fiberglass splint on his arm.
Jeremy was such a great daddy in the waiting moments, keeping Caeden calm and even laughing a bit. Caeden is so most sad that he won't get to wrestling anymore this season. After we left the ER and Jeremy went into CVS to get Caeden's prescription, Caeden asked me if this meant I would never allow him to wrestle again. He seemed surprised when I told him no, that I just wouldn't want him to wrestle with fear of being injured again. He assured us he wouldn't be afraid.
When we got home, Caeden prayed for his friend that he was wrestling with when it happened. He doesn't want him to have any guilt, because it wasn't anyone's fault.
Tomorrow we call the orthopedic doctor and see what is next...


No comments:
Post a Comment