Thursday evening...we spent in town, as usual, but a little different eve than usual. Caeden was the only one with a music lesson today. Annah and Sylvia and I perused the music shop while he was in class. Annah needed some new clarinet reeds, and we ogled over the violins, french horns and clarinets for sale.
After Caeden's lesson, we went to Subway, where Jeremy met us for a quick super. And also, this girl was there.
The girls and I went to ISU to hear a recital of music from Latin America and Spain, given by Sylvia's teacher, Dr. Ransom and pianist Dr. Nemko. It was held in Kemp Hall at ISU.
The girls made me turn my phone off completely, since that was the instruction in the program. So I didn't get a photo of the performance. It was spectacular though. The girls jaws were on the floor and their eyes were huge. They could barely believe the caliber of the performance. It took me back to my college days, when I attended several recitals a week and was in awe of the amazing musicians I was surrounded with at Capital. I'm incredibly grateful that Dr. Ransom is willing to teach Sylvia! She is learning from the best cellist in central Illinois.

No comments:
Post a Comment