Monday, October 6, 2014

10 minute punishment hug

These two do not always get along.  They are often after each other, picking, insulting, complaining, pestering, annoying, and generally driving each other nuts.  I don't like it when they get hurtful towards each other, which they did tonight.  When we got home and inside, even though Annah had homework and it was late, I made them sit in the recliner together and hug for 10 minutes.  They were not allowed to speak unless they said something nice about the other, and they were to think about how they were truly thankful for each other.  Funny, it worked. They liked each other a lot more at the end of the 10 minutes.  Then I made them give each other a kiss on the cheek and say I love you.  
I want them to know that siblings should treasure and trust each other and be lifelong friends and supporters. 

"Let brotherly love continue."
-Hebrews 13:1a

No comments:

Post a Comment